Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza on small

Options
Pdub
Pdub Posts: 234
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Does anybody have any eggsperience cooking pizza on the small? Is it possible or even worth it. If so what setup have you found ideal. Any other hints or tips? [p]Thanks
Pdub

Comments

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    smpizza.JPG
    <p />Pdub,
    Here`s one that I did when the small platesetter was first introduced...certainly wasn`t my best, but haven`t given it a lot of trial runs either...[p]Wess

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    pizza.jpg
    <p />Pdub,
    I love the small for pizzas. Temp stays real consistent, you can do multiple pies in a very short time frame. My nieces and nephews love making pies and me cook them about every 20 minutes. I use prepared crust, but we have fun.
    Mike

• Pdub,[p]I use a raised grid and a 10" in diameter hearth for all my baking on the small Egg.[p]22MVC-008E.jpg[p]Pizza on the small.[p]23MVC-015E.jpg[p]Sourdough hearth bread.[p]Dave

• Pdub
    Pdub Posts: 234
    Options
    Old Dave,
    That's cool, I'll getting my mom a small for christmas and I am happy to know pizza can be done. The in laws are also getting an egg. I am excited I'm not going to have to spend time away from an egg. Pdub

• Pdub,[p]I use my small just for baking... Pizzas are great...[p]I use the plate setter + spacers, then pizza stone. Spacers could be extra "feet" or even the ceramic grid. Just enough to create an air space above the plate setter, so the bottom of the pizza doesn't "fry"[p]Good luck -- and don't worry about the gasket.[p]~ B[p]
  • eatbbq
    eatbbq Posts: 81
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    What are you using for a stone? I just bought a small and haven't seen anything advertised for a small stone.
    Thanks in advance.
    Eric

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    I have an old broker ceramic grate, I put that in a 9 inch pie pan for a plate setter. They do make plate setters for the small now. They also have a small stone for pizzas. Call the mothership, sometimes dealers are a little behind.[p]Mike