Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Scallops & Bacon

Options
MAC
MAC Posts: 442
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anyone have K.O.Cs scallop and bacon recipe. I lost it.

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    MAC,
    I don't have it, but as yu are probably running out of time, I will tell you what I remember. Cook some of the fat off the bacon first. Dust the scallops with cajun seasoning. Wrap the bacon and secure with toothpicks.[p]Not sure on coking times/temps. djm also posted his technique I think. [p]Enjoy! You'll do fine improvising!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    MAC,[p]I also do not know his technique, but I did some recently with folks like djm and WiseOne giving recipe/technique advice. I marinated the large sea scallops in lemon juice, mustard, and honey. Next, I got some of the fat out of the bacon by partially cooking in the microwave for a couple of minutes. Before wrapping the scallops, I covered them in Emerill's Essence (my apologies to the purists out there, but I had it on hand, and it was very good in this recipe). I then wrapped the scallops with bacon, skewered with toothpicks, then grilled direct for something like 2 minutes per side.[p]Abso-freakin'-dee-licious![p]djm has an absolutely gorgeous picture of his version. Also, WiseOne has two recipes in his excellent .pdf which can be found on TimM's website.[p]Later,
    Cornfed

• djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Options
    scallops2.jpg
    <p />Cornfed:[p]Your recipe sounds really good. You are right about WiseOne's recipe, it hits the main points and MAC should review it. The important thing is to para-cook the bacon till limp to render fat from the bacon. Pictured are sea scallops.

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    djm5x9,[p]I'm not worthy! I'm not worthy![p]Cornfed
  • MAC
    MAC Posts: 442
    Options
    djm5x9,
    Thanks guys for the help. djm that has to be one of the all time classic pictures. I put that one right next to nature Boys New Your Strips. Yumm

• MAC, Guru does them quick and simple. He wraps each scallop in 1/8 piece of bacon, sticks a wooden toothpick through it to hold the bacon, and sprinkles on some cajun seasonings. We have used 1/2 piece of bacon, but sometimes the bacon is a little too thick or wide, so when it is, we split the bacon down the middle then cut those two halves into proper lengths. Cook until the bacon is to your liking.

• djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Options
    MAC:[p]Thanks, they were good eating too!