Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mad Max turkey success...again

Options
egghead2004
egghead2004 Posts: 430
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Max,
I have to say thanks again, I just got back from my NC trip with the egg. We did turkey Wednesday using your method and again, for the 7th or 8th time, it was fantastic.[p]This was probabaly the best one, even though I found out that the neck and gizzards were not included on the morning of the cook. I had to go to the market and get a package of necks and 2 wings for the stock. [p]One thing I did different was that I kept adding stock to the turkey pan so the drippings did not scorch. The gravy was outrageously good this time probably because of this.[p]I have to admit, since my cholesterol had been up and a new baby, I have not used the egg that much in the last year, maybe once a week only. So this trip was extra fun since I was able to cook for my wife's brothers and friends on four of the 6 days we were there. We did pulled pork right away, beef tenderloin, turkey, and chickens/hens for soup and also cooked the soup on the egg after the chickens and hens were done. We did this to add a little smoke flavor to the soup, what a treat.[p]