Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

All of you who have built/had built table for egg...please read

Options
Sandi
Sandi Posts: 107
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am about to have someone build a table for my egg. If you have a pix of your table, could you please post it in this thread. I saw one several months ago that I really liked, but can't remember who was building it at the time. I would really appreciate this.

Comments

• AndyR
    AndyR Posts: 130
    Options
    MVC-007F.JPG
    <p />Sandi,
    I designed and built this table two years ago. One tip: decide what type of containers your lump/tools will be kept in. Leave enough height under the egg(s) to slide these containers in and out. Also, the more room around the egg you can allow for the better. You'll use more than you think.[p]Andy

• AndyR, what, no wheels? Yall stand by, I'm going down to Guru's and make a few pics of the table I made for him,, er,, which we modified. :) Back in a few...............

• Lets%20cook%20020.jpg
    <p />Sandi, here is the table. I have more pics, but you get the idea. I would strongly suggest building a table that is capable of supporting good wheels, even if you don't plan on moving it. These wheels were about $90.00 for all 4. 2 of the wheels have locks, all 4 swivel.
  • Lets%20cook%20024.jpg
    <p />I would suggest making the upper level just high enough so you can put a pan under it for cleaning out ash. Also, that height will allow you to slide a tile under it to prevent this. You are looking at the bottom of the lower shelf. We left it open to burn out old grease from a summer cooking frenzy and it musta just got too hot. Mine is the same clearance, but it has never done this.

• AndyR
    Options
    K.O.C.,[p]Wheels are for people who can't make a decision and stick with it. ;) I do think wheels would be a good idea even if it's just for moiving to clean underneath. $90 for your wheels???? What, did you opt for the roadside hazzard warranty?[p]Andy

• AndyR, hee,heee,, they were kinda steep, but Guru was paying for them so I figured go whole-hog. My table at home does not have wheels, and I can move it around if I can catch the little woman downstairs. But it is a bugger. The only time I really wish I had wheels is during spring cleaning under the deck (the area that seems to catch all the junk I can't find a perminant place for) and during high winds of the winter. I'm shortly getting a new ceramic and I may encorporate wheels on a "really delux" table.
  • The Naked Whiz
    Options
    Sandi,
    You can view about 100 pictures of my cart being built, as well as of my many space blaster gizmo toys, not to mention the space reindeer from planet Alpha Polaris, and the crappy blaster that the Gerundians sold me (50 light year warantee, they said, hah!) at my website. [p]TNW

[ul][li]The Amazing Adventures Of Whiz Flash-Burn And His Way Cool Technicolor Barbecue Cart[/ul]
    The Naked Whiz
  • AndyR,
    I must say, I've seen the blue chinanea's before but never a blue egg.......different!!

• AndyR
    Options
    BBE.jpg
    <p />Tom D.,[p]Closeup.

• Sandi,
    Check the link below for a series of photos.
    Hope it helps!
    - HeadCase

[ul][li]HeadCase's BGE Table[/ul]