Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Egg Meatloaf

Options
HungryMan
HungryMan Posts: 3,470
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Ran out of time, so I cheated. I bought Publix raw meatloaf. I added some Quaker Oats and cooked it. Not too bad.[p]DSCN0786.jpg

Comments

• AuntieEgger
    Options
    SAY WHAT? YOU CHEATED!!!!! OBG!!!! [p]But But you did cook it on the BGE right? If so you are forgiven[p] Looks good[p]AuntieEgger[p]
  • HungryMan
    HungryMan Posts: 3,470
    Options
    AuntieEgger,
    Cooked on the egg. Also cooked up some Cin chili like AZRP did. That stuff is HOT. I did not use no salt tomato sauce like the directions state. I think it made it a little salty. The first time I made it it was good, I followed the directions.

• AuntieEgger
    Options
    HungryMan,
    That’s good to hear you only half way cheated LOL[p]Well we gotta find out what we don’t like in order to know what we do like. [p]I don’t think I follow any recipe to a tea ,, omit this and put that in instead and I always seem to like it the way I’ve put it together as does the family so It’s all good.[p]AuntieEgger

• Steeler Fan
    Options
    HungryMan, I did one almost as bad. I've been laid up a while from some surgery. I look in the refigerator and see a couple of pounds of ground meat. I see one of those onion mix "jobbies" in the pantry. Luckily, I have the eggs at the ready at all times. I follow the instructions on the box, put the meatloaf together. Limp out to the egg, get it settled at 350 add the place setter legs down, put the grid on, have the meatloaf in a steamer pan and cooked it for an hour. Placed it on the counter to rest for 15 minutes. My bride (that's what we say in the south. In Pgh. you would say the old lady. I digress) comes home. She is ready to read the riot act to me. alas she sees the meatloaf and she was a happy camper.
  • Nessmuk
    Nessmuk Posts: 251
    Options
    Steeler Fan,
    Meatloafs are best cooked in a wire, mesh unit the shape of a breadpan. That way the smoke gets to it & the juices drain.[p]Mine even have a smoke ring. Meatloaf has risen to a regular place on our menu.[p]I cook mine @ 225 to 250.[p]

• HungryMan,[p]I did my first meatloaf tonight on the BGE. It will not be done any other way from now on.