Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lobster Stuffed Beef Tenderloin - HELP

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Planning Christmas dinner...found a receipe for lobster stuffed tenderloin. Trip to Costco, returned with a 6 lb. beef tenderloin and 1 1/2 lb of lobster tails.
Question is, time and temp for medium/medium rare? direct-indirect? High temp sear then lower temp roast?
The pressure is on...need to make good impression on mom, made the last two Christmas dinner's on the BGE, each a big hit...need to continue the tradition.
Thanks in advance for all the help!
Merry Christmas to all Eggers........WCS

Comments

• Big Murth
    Options
    West Coast Smokey,
    I've got the solution to your immediate problem: Go to the kitchen and get all the necessary ingredients from the frig, spice rack, and liquor cabinet, and make yourself a stiff and spicy Bloody. Then wait for the good advice and suggestions to flow in from every direction!! I'd suggest to you only, that you never try and cook a big beef tenderloin on a Weber Kettle indirect at 10,500 feet in the Colorado Rockies, unless you've got a conventional stove/oven nearby to finish it off. Good luck and Happy Holidaze, Big Murth

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    West Coast Smokey,
    SloMo cooked this at a couple of eggtoberfest...It is outstanding...You might can use his cooking methods for yours.
    Larry

[ul][li]SloMo's Stuffed Tenderloin[/ul]
  • J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Options
    West Coast Smokey,
    I used to work for a caterer who used a sharpening steel to make a hole through the middle of the tenderloin so that it could be stuffed. Good luck, it sounds wonderful! JCA