Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Chops

Options
Kevin D
Kevin D Posts: 60
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
PorkChops.jpg
<p />I did thick (1.5") pork chops for the first time. I brined them for a couple of hours and then covered them in a hefty helping of ginger-teraki Char Crust. My plan was to cook them at about 450* for eight minutes per side. That was not enough. The internal temperature after sixteen minutes was in the upper 90 degrees. The hero of the night was the polder thermometer pictured here. Without a lot of experience it would have been very difficult to judge for doneness. I took the temp of the egg down to the 400* range and tested the temp of the chops every 6-7 minutes until I got to an internal temp of 145*. Total cooking time was about 30 minutes. The end result? Best pork chops I've ever had. You go Egg![p]Kevin

Comments

• Grumpa
    Grumpa Posts: 861
    Options
    Kevin D.,[p]Great looking chop and a fantastic method of getting there. I did some the same size a couple of nights ago and cooked them like I do a fine steak. That is about 3 minutes per side at blast furnace level and then 10 minutes with the vents shut like a baking oven. They were absolutely out of this world. There are many ways to achieve great food on the egg and just is another example how easy it can be.[p]Merry Christmas to you![p]Bob