Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Gimme PorK!

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I got a 5.24 lb Hormel boneless butt roast with a meat twine mesh- oh and also it has the 12% solution stuff in it. I have never used one of these. Any opinions of this type of cut. Im more partial to the regular unprocessed butts.Im shooting for upper 200 degree and about 10 hours indirect. Thankx

Comments

• alt,[p]The "the 12% solution stuff" will make it taste more like ham than a regular unprocessed butt. It's a matter of taste. Wifey likes the hammy taste, I like the pig roast taste of the "unprocessed". Enjoy![p]Kevin
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    alt,
    I did one once. I pulled it out of the net, unrolled it and seasoned all over. Then rolled it back up, kind of wadded it, and shoved it back in the net. Then slathered with mustard. It was pretty good...but not memorable like a good big bone-in-butt (man, that sounds terrible). [p]The boneless ones seem to go a bit quicker. And the flavor is pretty good...especially if you unwrap, and get the seasonings in the middle and all around.[p]Have fun.
    Beers
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ