Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sunday Cook -- Thanks Mr. Toad!!! -- lots of pictures

Options
BobS
BobS Posts: 2,485
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We had a great day entertaining friends, that we first met in Singapore, and they got their first introduction to cooking on a BGE.[p]I made individual portions of Mr. Toads, Pork Loin with a reduced port, habanero, cranberry sauce, some basmati rice pilaf, roasted asparagus, no knead bread, and a great cheesecake from my wife. [p]Here is how the day developed:[p]The first picture is the start of the sauce. I am sautéing shallots, carrots, celery, garlic, bay leaf, pepper corns, and fresh thyme.[p]21-10-07StartingtheSauce.jpg[p]When it gets nicely browned, you add ¾ cup port and reduce it to a glaze.[p]21-10-07ReducingthePort.jpg[p]Then add 3 cups of chicken stock, a habanero, and about ¼ cup of dried cranberries.[p]21-10-07HabaneoandCranberriesaddedt.jpg[p]All of this cooks for 45 minutes and then you strain the sauce, thicken with corn starch and add ¼ pound butter. YUM!!!!![p]Here are the loin chops after cutting pockets for stuffing[p]21-10-07Pocketscut.jpg[p]I coated the pockets with Fig Jam and stuffed them with dried figs, dried pineapple, and a bunch of cashews.[p]21-10-07Stuffedandreadytowrap.jpg[p]I wrapped those bad boys in bacon and marinate them in a mixture of Dijon mustard, soy sauce and brown sugar.[p]21-10-07Wrappedandmarinating.jpg[p]Here they are cooking with some apple wood for smoke.[p]21-10-07StuffedChopsontheBGE.jpg[p]I made a Caesar salad and here we are just as I am about to mash the anchovies.[p]21-10-07Anchovies.jpg[p]I also added a great new recipe for basmati, rice pilaf, with onion, dried currents, and toasted pine nuts. Here I am cooking the onions and toasting the pine nuts. [p]21-10-07SautingPineNutsforPilaf.jpg[p]Finally I added some no knead bread[p]23-09-07Bread.jpg[p]Here we are as we are ready to eat. Definitely a happy crew.[p]21-10-07Readytoeat.jpg[p]And just to round things out, Susan added a killer, pumpkin, praline cheesecake.[p]21-10-07PumpkinCheeseCake.jpg[p]I did not get a picture of the single malt, but you will have to take my word for it, that it was GOOD!!