Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best (and easiest) Spaghetti Sauce Ever

Options
Smokin' Lady
Smokin' Lady Posts: 158
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thanks to Old Dave for posting the link for the Dutch Oven cookbook a few days ago. Just what I needed, 350 more recipes to add to my collection of a million, but I can't resist a good recipe. Lots of simple but delicious ones in that collection. Thought I would share the best spaghetti sauce I ever tasted, so some of the new eggers have the set-up at their finger tips.[p]1 lb. ground beef
1/2 lb. bulk Italian sausage
1 lrg. onion, chopped
8 oz. fresh mushrooms, chopped
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 tsp. seasoned salt
1 or 2 cloves garlic, minced
1 28 oz. can diced tomatoes, undrained[p]Heat your egg up to 350 degrees with inverted plate setter in place. Put ground beef and sausage in Dutch oven (no cover), place on plate setter, cook for about 45 minutes or until nicely browned, stirring every 15 minutes. Add onion and garlic, cook another 15 minutes. Add mushrooms, and chopped green peppers or other veggies as you wish, and cook another 15 minutes. (Can probably add all veggies at once, with the onion.) Add remaining ingredients, simmer for another 30-40 minutes. Once it starts simmering, reduce heat to 300-325 degrees. After 20 minutes, I thought it could use some more liquid, so I added about 1 cup of dry red wine, which I think was a key to it's success. Serve over your favourite pasta. Enjoy!