Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Deviled Eggs

Options
Bordello
Bordello Posts: 5,926
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi,
I believe I saw a post the other day about smoking deviled eggs, I looked for but could not find it. Do you prepare the eggs like normal (as if they are ready to eat, mayonnaise and whatever mixed with the yolks and put back in eggs) and then smoke them or ???????????????????? Thanks for any help from the eggsperts.
New Bob

Comments

• JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    Options
    New Bob,
    Try this link

[ul][li]Deviled Eggs ala Reg[/ul]
  • Bordello
    Options
    JJ,
    Thanks JJ, I will be printing it out shortly. You eggsperts are great, I will toast one to you later.
    New Bob

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    New Bob,
    Those Eggs were a big hit with the family with T day dinner..the only prob I had was keeping the temp below 200°..I started with very little lump and it still tried to get up to 225°..keep your fire very small..good luck..and Thanks to Reg for sharing it..[p]Wess

• Bordello
    Options
    WessB,
    Thanks, I tried a couple eggs yesterday on the mini and had the same problem. I had to laugh, a couple of days ago someone had trouble peeling eggs, I have never had that problem until trying a new method I got off a google search and tried. (at least the new method gave me golden yellow yolks rather then gray ones) Boiled up a new batch last night and will try to smoke them in Mr. Large today.
    Happy Egg-n
    New Bob

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    reg,
    I started with a small pile in the center and had other coals spread around the edges, to kinda scoot in as needed..but it seemed like the fire kept spreading..I stayed around 150° for a good while..probly because all the ceramic hadn`t heated up yet..I also had this on a plate setter..but it "seemed" like once it hit 200° it was a challenge to get it down...even reached in and spread the burning coals around a bit to slow down what was burning...the entire cook probly averaged 175° with a max of 225° briefly..the eggs were not rubbery so I assume it went well..could use less lump next time and would imagine control a lower temp....ahhhhh, lessons learned !![p]Wess