Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First brisket

Options
Sundown
Sundown Posts: 2,980
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Was in the market and the guys were putting out brisket and one of the little fellas caught my eye about two pounds with a nice fat cap. Having never done a brisket, I thought I would try a little one.
Wife is not a big brisket fan but then she wasn't a big puller pork fan BE (before Egg) either. Something tells me that she may change her mind, any bets? Just used JJ's rub...what else and will cook at about 250º.

Comments

• Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    Sundown,[p]A nice smoke flavor for your cook is red oak, with hickory being second. If you are up for a mustard BBQ sauce that works very well with brisket, below is a recipe that I got from the FoodTV website - no longer available. The original used the entire jalapeno pepper (seeds and veins). I have wanted to experiment with Jack Daniels in it , but just haven't had the time.[p]Best of luck on the first attempt. The better half will love it.[p]Spin

* Exported from MasterCook *[p] Mustard Bbq Sauce - 1 Tbs. - 91 Mg Sodium[p]Recipe By :Jack McDavid (Firehouse Restaurant)
    Serving Size : 1 Tbs. Preparation Time :0:00
    Categories : BBQ Sauces[p] Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method

1/2 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
    1/2 Cup Yellow Onion -- minced
    3 Whole Jalapeno Pepper -- seeded and minced
    1 Cup Yellow Mustard
    1 Cup Brown Mustard
    1 Cup Dark Corn Syrup
    1 Fluid Ounce Molasses
    Kosher Salt -- to taste
    Cayenne Pepper -- to taste[p]Mix all ingredients with a wisk in a sauce pan while bringing to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until onions are tender and sauce thickens.[p][p]Description:
    "Smooth sauce with a mild bite."
    Yield:
    "1 1/4 quarts"[p] - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - [p]Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 20 Calories; trace Fat (16.1% calories from fat); trace Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 91mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.[p]
    Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0[p]