Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Report on Black Tipped Shark

Options
Eager Egger
Eager Egger Posts: 236
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hmmmmm. Well when we thawed this piece of shark it was REALLY fishy smelling. Used Dizzy Pig's Shakin the Tree, lemon pepper rub and cooked it for about 4 minutes direct on each side at 350 degrees, until the inside went from pink to white. Fish was still moist and very meaty like steak. Decent taste, but I think the DP rub was what saved it. This would not be my choice of fish, but don't be afraid to try it. In my opinion it does not compare though to some of the better fish we have had.

Comments

• BigT
    BigT Posts: 385
    Options
    EagerEgger,[p]As someone else pointed out earlier, shark requires intensive care after the catch- i.e. bleeding, gutting, skinning and icing asap.[p]This is due to a high concentration of uric acis in the flesh and especially the skin.[p]The Florida Sportsman Anglers Cookbook recommends soaking the meat in lightly salted water (brining?) to further combat the smell.[p]hth next time[p]Big T