Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Another Brisket Question

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just picked up a whole brisket from Sams club 14lbs.Question is does anybody see any problem with just cuttin this baby in half and cookin half now half later?Or should I just cook this whole monster at once.Never have cooked one with the point on it.Do some of you seperate the point somewhere near the time of being done and cook it a little more for some blackend goodness? Where might I want to put my probe in this piece meat in the flat ot the point? Thxs for any replys.

Comments

• Ak Carnivore,[p]There are more experienced Brisquetteers on the board than I -- but --[p]If you're suggesting to just chap the thing in half... uh... That just sound very sound, if you know what I mean.[p]As for probing the meat -- insert your temp probe into the side of the flat [horizontally] and not into the point.[p]Now -- Others may come along and correct me... and you just might do better listening to them...[p]~ Broc[p]PS: Some expert Brisquetteers suggest that we novices restrict our brisket-buying to 8 - 12 pounds... has to do with marbling, yada, yada -- stuff I really don't know too much about. One of my friends is insistent that a flat of brisket should be cooked in one piece... with or without a point.[p]Hopefully, others will chime in about this, especially about whether you should separate the point from the flat before or after the cook...[p]Good luck...[p]~ B[p]
  • Ak Carnivore,
    Cook it whole, with the point on and use the Foodsaver for the leftovers. Probe in the flat til it comes up to 190, separate the flat from the point and put the point back on til it comes up to 200. You'll wonder why you ever bothered with flats in the first place. [p]Cheers,
    Sean