Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Big thanks to you to Wise One, Jerkie Junkie and Lou at BGE

Smokey
Smokey Posts: 2,468
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Wise one, Jerkie Junkie, Lou (from BGEHQ) and I had a great day at the The 2007 Great Miller Lite Chili Cook-Off where we demoed cooking on the egg and let people sample food. On the menu were sausage biscuits, pancake rolls w/ sausage, Georgia Red Chicken Wings (one of Wise One's specialties), French Dip sandwiches w/ Au Jus sauce, Teriyaki Skirt steak, Pizza, Sugar cookies and more. [p]We had a captive audience all day long, sold the three eggs we brought and informed countless other about the egg![p]Also a thank you goes out to Metalhead and the many others who claim to only lurking on the forum. It was great meeting you and sharing a few thoughts. I must apologize for being very distracted by all of the people asking questions and devouring any food available![p]Smokey
[ul][li]The 2007 Great Miller Lite Chili Cook-Off[/ul]

Comments

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Smokey, it was a good day. We had a lot of people to walk up and say "I have an EGG and I love it. Everything that comes off of it tastes delicious." I also found out that a lot of people have an older clay model that is close to the small in size. I did not realize that there were more than one size in the clay models. If we had a had 10 more EGGs and a way to get them into cars that were parked half a mile away, we could have sold them easily. As it is, we may have afew more people sign up for EGGtoberfest to buy a slightly EGGperienced EGG.

• Smokey,[p]I bought one of the larges yesterday and can't thank Smokey and Wise One enough for their help. They're right - they could have sold about 10 more of them.
    Enjoyed meeting you guys and look forward to seeing you again in a few weeks.

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Stretch,[p]Great meeting you yesterday. Looking forward to seeing you again in a few weeks!![p]Smokey