Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Help newbie with first wings!!

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I welcome any thoughts, recipes, etc. Direct, indirect, temp., etc.
You all are so much help. I appreciate the forum so much!!!!

Comments

• Woodbutcher
    Options
    garwig,[p]DP has a great recipe.
    [ul][li]http://www.dizzypigbbq.com/recipesWings.html[/ul]
  • garwig,[p]I dust the wings with a very thin coating of dry rub and corn flour (or all purpose flour). Let that coating set up in the fridge for a couple of hours.
    Heat the egg up for a direct cook at 375F. I like to hang my wings in a wing rack. There are a few different varieties on the market but they're not required...just make the job a bit easier as the wings require no turning.[p]Chicken003.jpg[p]
    If I wasn't using a rack, I'd set up with a raised grid.
    Takes about 90mins-2hrs before they really start to crisp up.
    Toss em in some sauce and serve. Sweet eats.[p]Chicken006.jpg[p]You can do some drumsticks at the same time.[p]Chicken008.jpg[p]Cheers,[p]John

• Shishkaknob
    Options
    Shiskaknob,[p]Can't even spell my own handle... Oopsie
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    garwig,[p]I do mine indirect at 350 until done - about 190* internal and crispy. usually about 75-90 minutes or so. Then I toss them in my chosen sauce of the day, then put them back on for about 10 more minutes to set the sauce just a bit.[p]I prefer to use Anchor Bar sauce from Buffalo, but I have used teryaki, honey lemon, blues hog, like I said - the sauce of the day.[p]P9010006.jpg