Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

how long to low temp cook a chicken

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've got 2 relatively small chickens which are happily brining in the fridge
is there a way to work out how long they should be cooked for at around 140 degrees

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    jon,
    if you are going to cook it at 140 might as well just throw them away and save yourself some hospital time LOL.[p]i hope you ment 240! and if you did indirect for about 3 or so hours should get you to an internal temp of 180 in the thigh. but that is just a guess really.but should be a pretty close guess for small chicken.[p]happy eggin
    tb

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• jon,
    If I were you I'd dry those birds off slap some rub on them stick a half full can of beer up ther bum, crank the egg up to 350, put a thermometer in there breast wait till it hits 160 degrees and enjoy some good eats.
    FW