Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bologna Questions....

Cobbegger
Cobbegger Posts: 10
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I mentioned to my girlfriend that I'd seen some posts on here about doing Bologna on the egg. So now I've been requested to try it. I have no idea how long? What temps? Thinking about doing some on Saturday while watching my "normal" 12 hours of college football. Any help and tips would be aprreciated. Thanks, Todd

Comments

• dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Cobbegger,
    I'd go indirect 250-275 dome for 2-3 hours. I like to score it and hit it with some rub with a little canola oil rubbed onto the bologna to help it stick......little is the key word when it come to the oil. [p]You could probably try running the bologna under the faucet to wet it to get the rub to stick too. I always rinse meat before applying rub and it seems to stick better. I've got a 2 or 3 lb chunck in the fridge right now I need to cook up at some point.[p]H

• icemncmth
    icemncmth Posts: 1,165
    200253675-L.jpg
    <p />Cobbegger,[p]
    I do bologna all the time.....rubs..no rubs...etc..[p]The way most people like is for me to buy a whole bologna...[p]I like Boars Head...and then I slice it in half...and take each half and cut it into 1/4s.......and smoke till done...probaby a hour..[p]After it is done...I splash some BBQ sauce over them and serve[p][p]