Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Help with Pizza!

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I tried pizza for the first time last night. The setup was pizza stone on top of plate setter with the legs down at 550 degrees for about 20 minutes. It was a store bought frozen pizza. Although the pizza was tasty the crust was soft. Did I do something wrong?

Comments

• Lost in Utah,
    Did you give the stone time to come up to temp prior to putting the pizza on? i have found this is especially important with frozen pizza. the dough is a preety good insulator, and traps the heat at the surface. (Jeez, I'm such an engineer!) about 15-20 min should heat that stone up. a spacer between the stone and platesetter will keep the stone from getting too hot
    Mike

• EmandMs'Dad,[p]Yep I had the stone and plate setter about 15 min at 550 before I put the pizza on. The pizza was sitting out about 30 min so it was not that frozen when I put it on.

• Lost in Utah,
    Hmmm, That's almost exactly how I do them. Maybe alittle more time baking?

• Lost in Utah,
    hey I have done a few pizzas, for me I get it cranking hot too. 500-600- with the stone on for 15- 20 minutes and then I put some corn meal down before the pizza and then My cook time is more to how I like it. We love to have our cheese really browned on top so I will watch the bottom to see if it is burning but with the corn meal it doesnt burn but gets nice and crispy and the cheese gets crispy also.
    Got a question for you??? where in Utah are you. My brother in law moved out there. Where do you suggest he get his egg? I have called a few places and had 3 different prices..... Who has the best knowledge of the egg? thanks jason

• JQuinn,[p]I sent you an email!