Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tri-tip results (PICS....lots)

Shishkaknob
Shishkaknob Posts: 114
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thanks for all of you who provided the help earlier. I'll be picking up a few more of these babies. So tasty.[p]Got five smallish tri-tips from a local butcher. A bit of EVOO, some sea salt, cracked pepper and garlic powder.
DSC00290.jpg[p]Was a bit concerned about the grain of the meat. Thought they might turn out tough with a relatively quick cook. They didn't.
DSC00291.jpg[p]Got my Large ramped up to around 800F or so. The new gasket handled the first high temp cook without incident.
DSC00292.jpg[p]Here's a nice shot of the lava. Sorry. Ugly toe is mine.
DSC00294.jpg[p]Tossed on the tri-tips.
DSC00295.jpg[p]All on.
DSC00296.jpg[p]45 seconds...turn 90degrees for some grill marks. 45 seconds later...the flip.
DSC00298.jpg[p]My arm after the flip. A bit less hairy than before the flip.
DSC00297.jpg[p]90 seconds later, I brought them inside while the temp dropped to 375ish. Tossed em back on until I got 125 on my internal temp.
Sliced up after a 15 min rest.
DSC00299.jpg[p]Tender. FlavourFULL! Juicy. All in all a great cook. I'll be getting into these....big time.[p]Cheers,[p]John

Comments