Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

daisy wheel

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
does anyone have any tricks with the daisy wheel not getting concreted with grease for the next cook , man when i go to cook on the egg after a couple of days that thing is stuck big time , any help is appreciated ,,,, thanks

Comments

• derek,
    After you finish cooking, with the fire still going place the daisy wheel on the grate. The heat will melt the grease off. Use the green rain cap to shut your Egg down with.

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    derek,[p]JimBob said it all.
  • derek,
    When I'm done with the cook I put the rain cap on to shut down. I set the daisy wheel inside on the grate. I've rarely had a problem with sticking. If it does stick leave it inside during startup for a couple minutes. evrything will melt or burn off.
    Mike

• tach18k
    tach18k Posts: 1,607
    derek,
    Sometimes the grease will harden up over night, My wheel's little vents are always set at full open, after a few minutes on being on the dome it is easy to adjust. Be sure to remove the wheel when your cooking is over and use the rain cap for when not in use.

• derek,
    When I finish a cook, I take the daisy off place it inside of my egg then place the ceramic top on the Egg and shut her down. In the cool down process, the Egg will clean it up nicely. It might take a time or two to get the gunk off but it will work and then do it everytime after thet.