Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cedar Planked Pork Tenderloins

Chubby
Chubby Posts: 2,955
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Used BGE's Cedar Planks, soaked for about 6 hours.[p]Pork Tendys...tied and marinated in diluted Rasperry/Chipotle for a coupl'a hours...[p]Egg...direct 450...Plank on till popping (about 5 mins)[p]Blot dry Tendys...salt and pepper, and place on hot plank.[p]P1010028.jpg[p]12-13 Minsutes each side (2. Then... roll off to the side of the plank and glaze witha good
Raspberry/Chipotle sauce for one additional minute per side,
(or until you see good carmelization).[p]P1010031-1.jpg[p]Finish temp...about 145-150.[p]Pull...rest and slice.....MMMMMMMMMMMMMM!![p]Evans[p]

I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!

Comments

• SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,506
    Morning Chubby:[p]Those do look good! By the way, do you need my gloves to take them off??? See y'all in a few weeks.[p]Have a GREAT day!
    Jay[p]

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Chubby, [p]Those look good. I have access to hickory planks which I like with pork, I'll have to give whole ones a try (usually just do the medallions)..... I can't really tell, but did you tie-up the two tenderloins that are generally packaged together, or is that only one tied to keep it's shape?[p]~thirdeye~[p]

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Richard
    Richard Posts: 698
    Chubby,
    Great looking,and I am sure, tasting meal. Hope the fire extinguisher was handy. LOL

• Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    thirdeye,[p]
    Yes...it's the 2 pack....each with the ends folded
    back and tied![p]The maple planks might also be a good possibility, Im thinking a Rum or Bourbon and Maple glaze at the end.[p]Evans[p][p]

I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • jake42
    jake42 Posts: 932
    PlankPork1.jpg
    <p />Chubby,
    Now that looks great. Works well with Maple Planks too.
    Plank2.jpg