Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Look Ma, No Wings!!

Big'un
Big'un Posts: 5,909
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This is my voodoo 4 legged spatchcocked chicken.(this in no way is any reflection or likeness refering to anyone we might all know, love and respect, that has the word "chicken" in their handle! ) It was a lot of fun to attach the extra legs and really tasted great! Plus with two boys on hand, we finally had enough legs to go around.Haha.
DSCI0009-5.jpg[p]DSCI0010-7.jpg[p]This is where I get my chicken bones for my voodoo chicken bone dance, to make my cooks come out good.LOL.

DSCI0008-6.jpg

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Big'un,
    well welll well.... i don't think i have seen a four legged chicken....[p]i just got my christmas present for this year (thermapen) and decided this past weekend to do a spatchcooked chicken(seeing as that is what broke my last three thermometers). after cooking and eating we now have the chicken fever. how did yo connect the leggs?[p][p]happy eggin
    tb

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE,
    Cool...[p]Spring "Limited Decorative Talent With Dead Birds" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    BENTE,
    I got some cooking twine and threaded a large curved sewing needle. I cut away the chickens wing, leaving as much skin there as possible. then essentially just sewed the extra leg to the chicken at the socket and then pulled the skin back to cover as much as possible. It was tasty!
    I enjoyed talking with you the other day. Boy, the big day is getting closer and closer...how's she holding up? Everytime Jeannie was ready to give birth, it was different. If she says anything like "I feel different" or "my back hurts", throw the bags in the car and get going! You'd rather be there under a false alarm than on your way there when.....
    We're keeping yall three, in our prayers!

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Big'un,
    thanks todd yea enjoyed talking to you also, sorry had to be so short but the Steelers need my backing.[p]she doing great she is just counting the days and hours. went to doc yesterday and scheduled delivery for next thursday if she is not here by then.[p]
    happy eggin
    tb

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Big'un,
    that ain't natural!
    hahahaha