Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Boneless pork roast ideas

Options
Janet
Janet Posts: 102
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This a.m., I picked up a boneless center cut pork roast with a pretty thick fat cap (great price). I have made this before ala the pork roast with garlic and rosemary recipe from this site - this was great. Just wondering if anyone had some different last minute ideas for me.
Thanks
Janet

Comments

• Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    Options
    Janet,
    Boneless pork roast with a nice fat cap...I'm thinking anything you do to it on the egg will be good. Personally, I often times tend to not overpower a piece of meat with marinades, etc so I can get the flavor of the meat. But I'm thinking soy or teriyaki sauce and garlic is a place to start.
    Enjoy!

• Janet, You can wrap it in medium thick sliced bacon, tie it up with cotton twine, and cook the heck out of it. It is the best way to cook hard, smoke good, and not harm the surface of your meat. I have started doing that to the big ends of a whole pork loin. I'm getting away from your roast question, but I also like to filet pork loins our into a flat piece of meat and then lay on the onions, peppers, seasonings, shrimp, mushrooms, anything you want, but be sure to smear it inside with a little yellow mustard and buttermilk. Roll it back like a jelly roll and tie it up good and tight and season the outside. I just love pigs. :) Brining the pork for 24 hours also makes for dinner guests that you have to beat to makeum leave.

• Janet
    Options
    Shelby,
    Thanks for the suggestion - especially since you pretty much told me what I wanted to hear today (that is, keep it simple). I think I'll just stick some slivers of garlic in the fat cap, throw on some home-grown oak chunks, and enjoy the smoke. Next time, I'll get more motivated and try the K.O.C. roll-up suggestion.
    Thanks for the response!
    Janet[p]

• Janet
    Options
    K.O.C.,
    Thanks for the suggestions. Shrimp, green pepper, onion, and mushroom-stuffed pork loin sounds terrific - unfortunately I seem to have only onions of this mix! I've got company coming next weekend - sounds like a terrific dish to impress non-egger visitors. [p]Thanks again!
    Janet[p]