Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How to fridge and reheat brisket

Options
Jeeves
Jeeves Posts: 461
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I need to take some brisket into work for some folks to test (a coworker wants me to smoke 3 for him since his 'smoker company' out by his ranch burned down).[p]How can I go about cooking, resting, fridging, then reheating at work for folks?[p]I'm figuring I gook, AF+cooler, then let it come to room temp, then fridge.[p]Take it to work with some beef broth/water and put it in the slow cooker for 3 hours (high for one hour then low for remainder)[p]Suggestions please..[p]-Jeeves

Comments

• ChefDave
    Options
    Jeeves,I like your idea but I have done many a brisket and find that putting a little apple juice in non stick skillet and adding your sliced brisket, then cover, it's ready in a very few minutes.

• Jeeves
    Jeeves Posts: 461
    Options
    Letts-Do-It,[p]Thanks - I've been asking for a cooktop/oven at work for 10 years, but for fire regulations....[p]Maybe I could do the same thing on a plate in the microwave (we do have one that rotates) - do it at a low settings..???
  • Jeeves,I have never tried in the microwave but I am sure you would get a like result. I just like the skillet method better cause it can sit there and heat and not dry out. The microwave you have to do for a few seconds and then test, heat some more. That's why I like the use of a covered skillet, always juicy.