Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Digi Q Ramp

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I looking to purchase a Digi Q Ramp. Any help would be appreciated. I am new to the egg and would like any feed back on how to set up with the Digi Q or any suggestions.

Comments

• edbro
    edbro Posts: 300
    wurm,
    Ramp refers to a mode of operation of the DigiQ. I just got one myself and plan to use it the first time tomorrow. From all reports I've seen, it is a very nice piece of equipment. [p]If anybody else reads this, I have an unanswered question further down the forums. Does ramp mode extend the cook time?

• wurm, the ramp mode for the competitor states the following & would be the same for the Digi Q[p]Ramp Mode Feature
    The Ramp mode is enabled by setting both the meat and pit temps, then turning the Competitor on.
    This mode is used for slow cooks so your meat never over cooks.
    This feature will gradually lower the pit temperature to the meat set point temperature when the meat
    is within 25° of being done. The Competitor will hold the pit temperature at your meat set point as long as there is fuel.
    It is important to note that when the ramp mode is enabled, the pit set point knob may not agree with the pit display.