Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ping: Juliem4444/your turk. set-up

Options
Bordello
Bordello Posts: 5,926
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What set-up did you use in your small for the turkey???? Sounds like it was a great cook. I've done turkeys in my large but have not tried it in the small.[p]Thanks,
Bordello

Comments

• Bordello, We were roughing it so I did not have much. we had just gotten the small 3 days before we left and we did not get any acc to go with it. just the basic egg. I bought a 12 foil pizza pan and just plunked the turkey on that, right on the grate. I did worry about the bottom burning but I had taken so much nyquil I really didn't care. The temp stayed right around 325 and after a little more than 3 hours it was done . I had a cooler that I had put two towels in and then lined with tin foil and just put the whole thing right in there for about 3 hours till dinner was ready. To take advantage of the lump that was left i cut 3 acorn squash in half the long way, scooped them out and put in a tablespoon or two of brown sugar, a shake of cinnamon and a tablespoon of butter. wrapped in foil and set right on the grate. they fit right around the edge with one in the center. that was very good. Julie
  • Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Juliem4444,
    Thanks for the input,sounds like you did just fine for roughing it. LOL[p]Regards,
    Bordello