Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My Green Egg

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have had my egg for a little over 2 years and my ceramic bowl is all of a sudden in 4 pieces. I noticed a crack a month or so ago and the other day I was taking my ring and bowl out to clean my egg out real good and the bowl, like I said, was in 4 pieces. I have sent 2 e-mails to customer service and I haven't heard anything back from them. Has any other egg owners encountered this problem?

Comments

• Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Mark Blomberg,
    I haven't received an e-mail from you, but there is a simple fix for your problem. All you need to do is contact your local dealer and they can help you out. The firebox is covered under the warranty and there will be no charge for the part. You will have to pay any shipping costs invloved. You can continue to use your firebox as long as it holds the charcoal in place until the replacement can be obtained.[p]If you have any further questions, please feel free to e-mail me directly.

• Mark Blomberg,[p]This has and will continue to happen. Not necessarily with yours in particular. Your Fire box has expanded and cooled numerous times. You may have had a piece of lump or 10 between you FB an Egg wall. Once you heated up the FB there was no room for expansion and it cracked. This is NOT a serious problem and is covered by the warranty. I would continue to cook with it just try and put the puzzle back together again. Now that you have relieved the stress on it by allowing it to crack, it should not crack any further. Meanwhile contact your dealer and see if he can get you a replacement, he may or may not want the original back. If he doesn't then you'll be set. You can continue to cook with the cracked fire box and store the replacement in your garage/ shed until you absolutely need it. Check out the link below and see what one of our resident EGGspert thinks about this.
    [ul][li]Have a Cracked fire box[/ul]
  • Mark
    Mark Posts: 295
    Bobby-Q,
    Thank you very much...........

• Mike in Abita,
    Thank you Mike. This forum is great. I feel a lot better knowing that it is basically normal for the fire box to crack. I will get a new one and put it in the shed. I can't stand for anything to be wrong with my egg because I use almost every day. It's the greatest cooker/smoker I've ever seen.
    Mark