Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Took the TNW Challange and oooooooooooh how sweet it is!!!

Grandpas Grub
Grandpas Grub Posts: 317
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Fajita.jpg
<p />Ok, I tried it. First saw it on AB's show then followed TNW post and thought it is time to give this a try.[p]Holy crap this is gooooooooood! This is a real keeper. My wife thought I was joking when I said I was tossig the meat right on the coals cause I didn't want to wash the grid two nights in a row.[p]When I put the meat on the lump the hot spots were 1180° black and unburnt lump was 970° at that time the dome on the large was holding about 475°[p]I need to go longer than 90 sec/per side - or I need hotter coals. I want a deeper char. As it turned out, nice rare/med rare at the 90 sec/side.[p]I am going to try to get the heat more to the surface of the lump this weekend.[p]When we pulled the vegies, I put a tortilla in the skillet and it sure was flavorful, but to get the char I wanted I ended up cooking them on the grid. They turned out great and crunchy - a meal of their own and great with salsa.[p]I want to get a spider (TVJ HINT HINT HINT - get grinding or something) to get the skillet closer to the coals.[p]The flavoring of the meat was fantastic. After the vegies, the sliced steak went back on the skillet for a short time and then all was done.[p]Marinade time was equivalent to about 6 to 10 hours (I cheated and used a vacume process which took 20 minutes)[p]You have got to give this a try. Great meal![p]I am really thinking this is the way I amm going to sear my steaks from now on.[p]Good eatin, Kent

Comments