Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

making bread - dough straight on pizza stone

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm using the BGE to make bread for the first time
do i just put the dough onto a preheated plate setter and pizza stone
also what's the best temperature and time ?
Thanks
Jon

Comments

• egret
    egret Posts: 4,176
    bakerman,
    Put something between the plate setter and pizza stone to create an air space, such as the ceramic feet that came with the egg, or rolled up pieces of aluminum foil, else the bottom might burn. Just follow the recommended temps. in the recipe........it won't always be the same.

• DSCN1584.jpg
    <p />bakerman,
    I use parchment paper between the pizza and the stone.[p]
    Good Luck,
    Ross[p][p][p]

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    egret,
    I put the plate setter in legs up with the grid on the legs. The pizza stone either sits on the grid or on an extended grid to get it higher up in the dome. -RP

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,210
    3ecd831d.jpg
    <p />bakerman,
    i dont own a platesetter, but this has worked for me in the past, the recipe i used called for some steam so thats primarily what the pan was used for as well as being part of the inderect setup. the thing to do is get your stone in there on the platesetter and cook one following the directions. you may want to hit the stone with a damp towel just before putting the dough on to cool the stone a little bit if you find the bottoms burn alittle. i also do this cook with the daisy off the egg and watch the progress thru the top, cooks raised like this will cook faster than the directions, cooks lower seem to be slower and more time is needed.[p]286fa7ca.jpg

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Ross in Ventura,
    your pizza looks great
    how long did you cook it for and what temp
    Cheers
    Jon

• jon ,
    500* for 6Min.
    Good Luck,
    Ross

• Ross in Ventura,
    Very beautiful.[p]Love the look of the cheese and herbs.[p]
    Do you think parchment might work on a platesetter? We don't have a stone for our small Egg, and a series of parchment-prepared pizzas could be quite convenient to cook.

• dover_gal,
    Sure, I think it would work.
    Good Luck,
    Ross