Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Is pride really a sin??

Celtic Wolf
Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My oldest asked me earlier today if he bought a roast would I show him how to cook it on the Egg.. Who could refuse that? :)[p]He bought a 5 pound pork loin roast and brought it over. He fired up Twiddle Dum and Ms Penny. Washed and foiled the sweet taters put them on Ms Penny.[p]He watched as I told him how to prep the loin roast. Watched as I put it on the egg. Next we prepared a Spaghetti Squash (sliced in half, removed seeds, salt pepper, butter), Acorn and Butternut Squash (no salt or pepper and used Brown Sugar).[p]Tomorrow night he wants to use Twiddle Dum for Chicken Breast marinated in Spiedie Sauce. [p]The next generation is on it's way to Egg Glory :)[p]It was all good!![p]

Comments

• Bravo! Most parents make sure the standard piano or some instrument, riding lessons, a sport or two.... but my son and two girls are going to get a proper eggducation! One of Dad's gifts will be an Egg of course.

Good to see your son has good taste and common sense to know the Egg is everything it is cracked up to be.

Al
  • Celtic Wolf,[p]Great, it is neat when the kids ask and even better when they 'do'.[p]You should be proud, very proud.[p]Kent
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Celtic Wolf,
    sounds like it was good!!![p]glad to hear you are passing the torch!![p]happy eggin
    tb[p]
    p.s. still looking for a package from celtic spirit BBQ!

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Haggis
    Haggis Posts: 998
    Celtic Wolf,[p]My son is about to quit his good-paying job to manage a congressional campaign for a Dem in a mid-west Rep district. His mother is distraught thinking he'll starve to death. I figured the best way to settle her down is to sent one of my Eggs out there so he'll have the chance to eat the kind of food he's been mooching off me for all these years . . . Curiously, my wife came up with exactly the same idea!
  • Haggis,[p] What a shock it will be when he actually has to pay for that food :)