Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Leg Of Lamb

Options
Citizen Q
Citizen Q Posts: 484
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Went with a variation on Big Daddy's Boneless Rolled Leg (up above in the new recipes setion)last night, dee-freakin-licious!! Started by de-boning an 8.75# semi-boneless Australian leg, stickin to the Atkins Diet, so I omitted the flour and used finely ground pine nuts instead and oriental five-spice instead of ginger. I also added some rosemary. The paste was a bit thin so I thickened up with about 2 Tbs of Adobo powder. I think I flattened it out too much, because the paste was barely enough to cover the inside, so after I rolled and tied it, I just gave the outside a good shake of McCormack's Bon Appetit Seasoned Salt. A heaping handful of beer-soaked mesquite and half of an old onion, to flavor the fire. A V-rack over firebricks and a drip pan at 350 for about 2+1/2 hours to 154 internal. I stuck the bones down on the side for about an hour so the pup wouldn't feel neglected, Lord knows she ain't gettin none of the meat. [p]Best lamb I have ever tasted. I was thinking of sending some over to the neighbors, after all, 8 pounds is a bit much for just me and the wife, but I'm feeling a little bit greedy now. Looks like the dog is gonna make out better than they will.