Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg's Hidden Value - Fuel Efficiency

Just Plain Mike
Just Plain Mike Posts: 57
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am really beginning to see the hidden value in the egg. Just for grins I put a pork butt on my 20" offset and I am burning a heck of a lot of fuel. I recently ran the egg for a pork butt cook and I never had to reload and had fuel left over when I shut her down. I may have to sell the offset and get another egg!

Comments

• Just Plain MIke,
    My dad bought an offset. He had me cook a couple butts. 40lbs of lump later they were almost done. You can get more meat on an offset, but the price he paid he could have had 3 larges.[p]Mike

• Just Plain MIke,[p]Whatcha waitin' on??[p]IMG_8909.JPG
  • Car Wash Mike, Sometimes I think that the Big Green Egg is just a Weber that went to college. The air flow pattern is the same BUT the egg conserves fuel dramatically. The thick walls keep the temperature even because of its heat retention properties. The turbograte that I have on order maintains that this device will dramatically cut down on charcoal cost even more. Combine this with a product that you can use year round. Wonderful!