Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Salmon Cakes

Redneck
Redneck Posts: 20
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Any one out there have a good recipe for salmpon cakes. I have some salmon and thought about cooking some cakes instead of just smoking the slab.[p]Red

Comments

• Janet
    Janet Posts: 102
    Although I suspect you are talking about smoking the cakes on the Egg, I recommend the smoked salmon cakes in the new recipe submission section of this site. They are fried, made with salmon already smoked on the Egg, but they were terrific.
    Janet[p]

• Redneck,[p]There are a couple of very good looking Salmon Cake recipes at http://www.epicurious.com/ (do a search for "Salmon Cakes"). I use a recipe similar to one of them and cook them on my ceramic cooker on "grill buddies" (thick foil with holes in it). They have turned out very good. And, in case you have a Trader Joe's near you, their fresh salmon "burgers" are to die for![p]