Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need some advice from the experienced

Options
Q-rious Tom
Q-rious Tom Posts: 116
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This will be my first time cooking at an eggfest (or any other public gathering :-) and I need a bit of help planning how to drag my stuff from the bus to the egg and back.[p]First -- the stuff.[p]One Comfy Chair (a Coleman canvas & aluminum fold-up);
One 2 X 4 foot white plastic folding table;
One cooler (either oversize, with the non-food items inside as well) OR
One cooler, food items only;
One box assorted serving items, utensils, and so forth.[p]Right now the plan is to use an appliance dolly with everything lashed down with heavy-duty bungee cords and the cooler packed so it can stand on end or on the bottom with no problems.[p]I'm running solo here, and inherently lazy, so I'm trying to make this a one-trip load that I can get up the hill without help. [p]Also -- I've been to the last two 'fests but my observational powers seem to suck. All I can remember is the food and the people, not the cooking setups. Should I consider a second table? I won't need prep space, I figure on doing the prep at home and bringing things ready to cook (I'm driving -- no chance of goodies going astray).[p]TIA[p]Tom

Comments

• Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Options
    Q-rious Tom,
    Sounds like you have it down pretty good. One table should work. I'd go with the cooler and a seperate box for your other stuff just to keep stuff dry and out of the way.[p]Look forward to seeing you there.