Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

stuffed tomato

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Greetings from Packerland
I would like to try stuffed tomato on my LBGE. Any tips and/or recipes would be greatly appreciated.[p]Thanks!![p]"GO PACK"

Comments

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    green&gold egger, SInce you say "green and gold" I can only assume you are not referring to the NC State Wolfpack. Try this one:[p]Smoked Stuffed Tomatoes
    [p]Ingredients:
    3 Large Firm Tomatoes
    6 oz Artichoke Hearts - Marinated
    10 oz Frozen Spinach -- Chopped
    5 Green Onion -- Chopped
    3 slices bacon - cooked and crumbled
    1 large jalapeno - chopped
    8 oz Cream Cheese -- Room Temperature
    2 Tbs Sour Cream
    2 tsp Dried Oregano
    1 tsp Garlic Powder
    1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese -- Grated
    Salt And Pepper -- To Taste
    Bread Crumbs -- Dried

Directions:
    1 Cut tomatoes in half down the stem side. Cut out stems and scoop out all pulp and seeds. Dry inside and out with paper towels. Sprinkle salt and pepper into each half.
    2 Drain and chop artichoke hearts.
    3 Squeeze all moisture from chopped spinach.
    4 Chop green onions.
    5 Combine chopped ingredients with bacon, jalapeno, cream cheese, sour cream, oregano, and Parmesan cheese. Mix well and stuff each tomato half heaping full.
    6 Sprinkle bread crumbs on top.
    7 Place tomato halves on smoker rack and smoke for 30 to 40 minutes at 225 degrees or until done to your liking. Do not over cook.
    8 Tomatoes should be still somewhat firm to the touch so they don't fall apart after cooking.

Servings: 6

Recipe Source
    Author: Posted by Gretl on August 08, 2002[p]Source: Source: Cookshack[p]This recipe was posted on the FoodWine Discussion list by Joe Wells from the University of Arkansas. He gave his permission for me to post it on this Forum. I have not yet tried this recipe, but it sounds like a winner! Joe says he has an NB Bandera smoker. On my recommendation, he said he'd check this Forum, as his hobby is smoking and Q-ing.[p]Here's Joe's post:[p]I made this for dinner last night and was quite pleased with the results. It came out with a nice smoky flavor and the filling was great. The changes I made, just can't resist, I added bacon and doubled the garlic and oregano and chopped up a jalapeno [note: these changes are shown in the recipe below- ed] and put in it. joe[p]Recommended wood for smoking: Hickory

[p]