Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cracked Firebox Poll

2»

Comments

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    King-O-Coals, I might suggest that a direct phone call to BGE in Atlanta at 1-800-939-Eggs or 939-3447 (same number) would get a more explicit answer and would enable a quick response to your problem.[p]BGE is always interested in a field problem that may exist and would welcome your call.
    At least from my experience and dealings with them..Let us know what your outcome is. Really sorry to hear of your experience.
    Cheer em up..C~W[p]

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    C-W, aftre all the talk about cracked fireboxes, I decided to do the check - since September, I've used it just a few times (my web site will attest to the use) - sometimes low & slow and sometimes hot & fast - while I did have a cracked grate (which was replaced by BGE) a few months back - I'm happy to report (knock on wood) that there are no breaks or even cracks in the fire box or other components - maybe I got a Wednesday EGG!

• Nature Boy,
    Add me to the list...not broken in two, but cracked tn two places.[p]Heard it pop one day while cooking steaks.[p]Q'ing in PA

• Gfw, you have such great restraint. I have used mine only a few times since,,,,,, the day before yesterday. In fact,, the last time it cooled off,,, I was up in Atlanta for over a week using Guru's.. :)

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Gfw, I also have a visible crack in my firechamber. Its a second one after the first became a twosome. But this crack started within a few months of initiation, from a vent hole to the top edge. Gradually enlarging..Been about 18 months now. I have absolutely no concerns about it. Still in one piece. Never had a fire ring crack. Nor have I had a grate crack. I have two extra grates here, the original and a new factory improved ceramics grate. Both excellent shape. Should be, I haven't used em since the experimental diamond mesh.
    I think there is a answer that will cover the entire situation coming up.

Char-Woody[p]