Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork tenderloin

Options
tstick
tstick Posts: 67
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Today I smoke/cooked two pork tenderloins (mostly because there were two in the bag). The total weight was 2.7 lbs. Did them at 300 for 40 minutes. Turned them every ten minutes. Rubbed them with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. They were excellent. Used apple chips but really couldn't taste them. tstick

Comments

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    tstick,
    I did 2 myself last night. (Not only were there two in the package, the package was on sale at $3.99 a pound.) Just Char-Crust hickory/molasses sprinkled on. Didn't turn, didn't do nuthin but lick my chops. 300º, 30 mins (about). Tender, moist, succulent. Egging at its best!

• tstick,[p]I'm planning to do a full loin (about 8 lbs) this weekend for a large group. I'm going to use the recipe in Tim M's cooking are for Pork Loin with a firebrick setup and the lemon-garlic recipe.[p]Just wondering about cooking time. In Tim's example he cooked 3 lbs at 400 for 1.5 hrs. Using this guide it would take about 4 hrs. Does that sound right?