Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Shoe brisket follow-up

Options
AnnaG
AnnaG Posts: 1,104
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey ya'll,[p]This forum is awesome![p]Thanks for all the help/sympathy on my brisket that turned out like a shoe (I like to think that it was a fine leather shoe.. Hee hee)... Metalhead, you get credit for the wake-up message...[p]Here is a pic to remind you:[p]brisket_off.jpg[p]I put that shoe in a crock-pot with 1 can of regular coke and a whole bottle of Sweet Baby Ray's bbq sauce (Hickory & Brown Sugar) and let it cook overnight on low.[p]Took it into work and six friends and I feasted on brisket on a bun with baked beans, chips & sweet tea... Everyone was very complimentary...[p]The moral to the story is, I still have not had a bad cook on this egg! Even though it originally looked like a shoe, it was still recoverable...[p]Thanks again!
...AnnaG...

Comments

• Richard
    Richard Posts: 698
    Options
    AnnaG,
    Glad that the crew was happy, 'cause one of the next options was to send it to AlaskanC and she would feed it to her resident bear!

• AnnaG
    Options
    Richard,[p]Thanks for the response and help over the weekend!!![p]No bear necessary, just 6 friends and me... It turned out great!!![p]Thanks...
    ...AnnaG...

• Jeeves
    Jeeves Posts: 461
    Options
    AnnaG,[p]Next time, let me know when you have a shoe....[p]We'll meet half way, maybe New Orleans? Your shoe will meet my shoe and there wil be a pair of shoes! Better to be a pair than a left or a right only![p]:)[p]-Jeeves
  • AnnaG
    Options
    Jeeves,[p]Hee hee... Sounds like a plan... [p]Where are you located? [p]In the South?[p]Thanks...
    ...AnnaG...

• Metalhead
    Metalhead Posts: 668
    Options
    AnnaG,
    oh don't worry too much about that brisket.[p]my first brisket....butcher sold it to me for about 40 dollars...it was about 3.5 llbs and there wasn't a stitch of fat on it. anyway this thief of a butcher has not seen any more of my business and the brisket turned out awful.[p]I tried to cook it to medium and it was the worst cook yet[p]Now transversely speaking I bought a second one at Kroger and I read the forum about brisket and I dove in head first
    and it came out wonderful.....wow 5 did no micromanagement
    no overnight brine or rub......I cranked up the egg, put on the rub and the guru and slapped that bad boy down n the grate w/Platesetter.[p]wow was it great[p]Jan

• AnnaG
    Options
    Metalhead,[p]I pretty much got over it when my friends were enjoying it on buns... Although one made a face like it was awful and tried to swallow... Why do I have friends like this? What did I do?[p]It is all good now...
    Thanks...
    ...AnnaG...