Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bluefish Update

Options
TOROLNSTND
TOROLNSTND Posts: 38
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
As a diversion from yesterdays events (and from the guy across the floor with Rush Limbaugh up way too loud), here's how Sunday's catch turned out:
I marinated the filets overnight in Maui Mountain Teriyaki, put them in the Egg last night at 5:30 (even though we didn't have much of an appetite) on the fish grid elevated with 2 firebricks over a foil drip pan at 200 deg. The plan was for 5 to 5 1/2 hours but I fell asleep watching the various broadcasts and woke up at 12:50 am to a dome temp of 250. It had been steady at 200 up til 10:00, the fish seemed a little dry and shredded easily (like chicken) so I zip-locked in the fridge.
Went home for lunch today and decided to give it a try, held my nose and took a bite........... DELICIOUS!! Tasted a bit like sardines but not so oily (since I overcooked it a bit anyway) and very nice with the cherry wood smoke. Tossed a handful onto a Martin's Potato Roll with a thin slice of cheddar and a bit of Thomas Fish Camp tarter sauce, tasted so good that I made another.
Most people around here catch the blues for the fight and then cut em up as bait for the stripers or lobster traps. The 3 people back at work that I told about lunch looked at me as if I had 3 heads, but it's good stuff.