Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grains of Paradise revisited...

Options
KennyG
KennyG Posts: 949
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello Egg Family,[p]Has anyone tried "Grains of Paradise"?[p]These little spice gems were a hot topic of discussion on the forum many months ago and discovered (correct me if wrong) by Nature Boy. Very hard to come by and typically mail/internet order. We made a trip to the big municipal market this morning and our favorite spice vendor (Urban Herbs - clever eh?) finally had some available. Our own JAppledog was already familiar with them and said they were also know as "Malagueda Pepper". They are indescribably wonderful, hot, sweet and tart all at the same time and these sensations seem to explode in your mouth. [p]Lady Carol gave me a rare authorization to do pork spares tommorrow and I blended up a batch of JJ's rub for the occasion. I substituted G of P for the black pepper and the rub took on a whole new dimension.[p]If you ever get an opportunity to acquire these unique peppercorns, go for it. You will thank me.[p]bottle.gif[p]

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    KennyG,
    I was part of the original discussion...not sure who initiated it..maybe Gretl. Anywho, I am out now, and need to get some more. It really is good stufff, and it is nice to use unique spices! It aint cheap...but it is worth every penny for a new taste sensation![p]Here is a link to my favorite source on spice info...has about everything you could ever want to know about hundreds of spices.[p]Great weekend, and multiple brewskies to ya.
    NB

[ul][li]Killer Spice Info[/ul]
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ