Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

1st Brisket Odyssey almost over.....

Options
Pace Yourself
Pace Yourself Posts: 42
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey Gang, I posted earlier today regarding my 1st brisket cook.... I finally decided to pull it off the egg at 8pm for a total cook of 12.5 hours. The internal temp was right around 190 but the path to 190 wasn't quite low and slow. (Check the earlier posts)[p]Anyway, I separated the end and put that back on with more wood chunks. Then I rested the flat for 45 minutes and started slicing. (I would of waited longer but my wife was letting me know that it was time to eat.)[p]It turned out pretty dry but tasty (if that isn't an oxymoron...) She liked the slices with some sauce I just put together. I still thought the dryness took too much away.[p]However, there was a good portion of the flat that didn't want to slice so I got out the old cleaver and rough chopped it a little. Then I ran some sauce through the chopped up brisket and put it on some cheap white bread.[p]All I can say right now is that I have a very happy mouth! So, the flavors were all there it was just a matter of too many temperature swings that messed up the texture/moistness. Anyway, next time I will just tackle a flat that fits on the small BGE so I don't have to mess with trying to fit a whole packer on a small - (or maybe I need to buy a large BGE so the whole packer will fit...hmmm...."So honey, I know the kids want to go to the Dells but how about a 2nd BGE instead?" Well, I need to work on that one....) [p]Thanks for all the advice earlier today. I hope to do better with the next one. In the meantime I am going to have another chopped brisket sandwich.[p]Cheers