Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket: To hack or smoke whole

Options
davidm
davidm Posts: 64
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi, all:[p]I have an 11-pound brisket that I hope to serve at 5 p.m. Saturday. My plan was to coat it in JJ's Miracle Rub and put it on the Egg at about 1 p.m. Friday, figuring it would take about 24 hours to smoke, indirect, and then I could wrap it in foil and let it sit in a 140-degree oven until serving time. If it takes an hour or two longer I'm still in good shape. If it's ready at 9 a.m. I can wrap it and reheat it later in the day.[p]Then I started wondering if it would be better to cut the beast in two, figuring then about a 12-hour cook, probably starting at 11 p.m. just before bed.[p]So my question is, Does it make a difference if I hack it in two? If I do cut it, do I look for and follow a seam of fat, or can I just whack it into two equal pieces?[p]Not as pressing a problem as World Peace, I know, but I don't often have the whole family and my girlfriend over for dinner, and I'm looking to show off a little. I've got a 6-pound butt going right now. There are only going to be six of us eating all this food, I'm hoping to send everyone home with leftovers they'll remember![p]Cheers,[p]David

Comments