Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need BBQ sauce recipe

icemncmth
icemncmth Posts: 1,165
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am looking for a BBQ sauce recipe ...that has the same type of consistency as ..Blues Hog. [p]I have several I use but most are the TX style or Mustard base...[p]TIA

Comments

• uncbbq
    uncbbq Posts: 165
    icemncmth,
    I'm not sure what Blues Hog is like, but this recipe from GFW's site is great to my taste.[p]GFW’s Barbecue Sauce[p]Put the following ingredients in a blender and thoroughly mix.
    • 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
    • 1/2 cup water
    • 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
    • 1 1/2 cups of catsup
    • 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
    • 2 teaspoons salt
    • 2 teaspoons paprika
    • 2 ½ tablespoons dry mustard
    • 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
    • 2 dashes of hot pepper sauce
    Refrigerate what you don't use -- it gets better with age.

• icemncmth,
    There is an excellent sauce that I really like to use. Check it out at www.johnnysbarbq.com. I think you will be pleased.

• icemncmth
    icemncmth Posts: 1,165
    uncbbq,[p]I just made this recipe and...I added some red pepper flakes...[p]It is in the fridge now..I will taste it in a couple of hours...[p]This one reminds me of Head Country BBQ sauce..[p]Thanks..
  • SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,500
    Morning uncbbq:[p]This is one of my favorite sauce recipes. I do make a couple of changes that we like. One is to use white Worcestershire sauce instead of the regular brown. To us it gives a slightly different flavor. I also add 2 to 3 tablespoons (or one real heavy squirt) of honey as we like sweet better than spicy (also don't add the hot pepper sauce). I will usually make a batch about every 4 to 6 weeks depending on how heavy we are using it.[p]Have a GREAT day!
    Jay

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• Matt
    Matt Posts: 103
    uncbbq,[p]Who (what) is GFW? Link for the site?[p]Thanks.[p]Matt
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    icemncmth,
    don't know what you are looking for but i use wild boar bbq sauce
    everyone here loves it[p][p]happy eggin
    tb

[ul][li]link back to 2001 wild boar[/ul]

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• uncbbq
    uncbbq Posts: 165
    icemncmth,
    I'm sure you'll like it. Let me know if you do.
    JB