Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

It's not Yorkshire Pudding, but...

Options
bdavidson
bdavidson Posts: 411
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My family was hosting a nice 19yo boy from Northern England who had been a counselor at a camp we support over the summer. He said that his favorite food was Yorkshire Pudding, as he hailed from Yorkshire, but he also said that he appreciated a good steak. That's all it took.[p]My wife and I went out and bought 1.5 inch thick fillets and I prepared them as usual, with French's mustard, sea salt, lemon-pepper and coarse ground black pepper. I fired up the egg and made some grilled veggies for a side, then cranked the temp up to 700, and tossed on the steaks. Seared em for 2 minutes per side, then shut it down, threw in some hickory, and let them dwell for 10 minutes.
The direct quote was, "Awesome. This meat is lovely. Best steak I've ever had, truly." [p]Big Green Egg triumphs again. Anymore, if I don't hear those words from one of my guests, I take it rather personally, and consider the meal a failure. Fortunately, with the egg, failures are quite rare.

Comments