Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Keeping brisket warm/hot??

Options
The Naked Whiz
The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well, it is time to live up to my name and EXPOSE my cooking skills to the neighbors. Since Mr. Brisket doesn't always get done at just the right moment, I plan to cook him in the AM and hope he gets done in time to then do some chicken while the guests arrive. So, what would be the best way to keep Mr. Brisket happy until it is time to eat? Wrap in foil and place in the oven as low as it will go? Thanks, TNW
The Naked Whiz

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,
    Wrap it tightly in foil, and set in on a towel in the bottom of a cooler. Lay a towel over top, and close the cooler. It will be steaming and wonderful for 1 to 4 hours. I like to pull the brisket off at 185-190 when I plan on storing in the cooler, as it will continue cooking. [p]Another trick is to set the cooler in the sun to warm it up, or fill it with hot water until you are ready![p]Enjoy.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ