Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg is Theraputic

BlueSmoke
BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've been laid up for around 9 weeks now, after foot surgery. The biggest nuisance has been my inability to get to the Egg. Well yesterday I just couldn't take any more: got myself some country-style ribs and grilled 'em to perfection. Then I cut them up and added them to a pot of green chili. I haven't felt this good since I checked in to the hospital! (And I'm already thinking how good a pot of red chili will be with "sector of cow" grilled on the Egg.)

Comments

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    BlueSmoke, Welcome back and you have been missed..! Ouch..that foot surgery can lay you up fast. Good to see you up and motivated again..!!
    C~W

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    BlueSmoke,
    Glad you made it through the surgery...Make sure you don't let any of the kids at school step on that foot.
    Larry

• BlueSmoke
    Char-Woody,
    Thanks, my friend. (I've been missed??? Your aim just needs improving. ;-) Egg smoke and a pot 'o green chili - just what the doctor ordered!

• BlueSmoke
    YB,
    I absolutely Hate recuperation! I've felt fine for 8 of the past 9 weeks, but being confined to crutches and wheelchair sure cramped my style. Nothing is harder to do than "Nothing".
    It's the kids who have to watch out - they get too close and I'll whack 'em with my cane. ;-)

• Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    BlueSmoke,
    Glad you are up and around again. And while I wasn't out of commission nearly as long or for the same reason, I too was going thru Egg withdrawal, not having cooked on it in over a week. I was starting to feel out of sorts...but that's been cured thanks to Friday, Saturday and Sunday cooks!

• BlueSmoke
    Shelby,
    Ain't it amazing how much better you can feel, just firing Humpty up? Told myself yesterday if I couldn't manage to get anything on, I was still gonna fire up and just inhale the sweet aroma! (My doctor is on me again about the Marlboros - if he only knew hom much hickory, pecan, & apple I have in my lungs!!!)

• Painter
    Painter Posts: 464
    BlueSmoke, Give the damn Marlboros up, think what the food off the egg would taste if you would quit. I know, I know mind your own business, but we would all miss you if you were not around to post.(Seriously) I smoked for 28 yrs before I had the willpower to quit. Took the death a couple of friends (including my dad) to wise up and save the money for better things. Hard to do? Yes but not something you can't beat. Besides, the food tastes much better after you quit.(reason enough I found out).
    Sorry, don't want to sound like a preacher, Just something that hit's home with me.
    Good Q'n to ya...Painter

• BlueSmoke
    Painter,
    No problem, my friend. A long-time smoker who can cook (and you've posted plenty of evidence without so much of toot of your own horn) far outweighs a doctor who's never smoked and rates the quality of the dinner by the heft of the bill. Thanks for your concern.