Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How long for a whole chicken indirect?

Options
AnnaG
AnnaG Posts: 1,104
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am cooking sweet potatoes at 350-375 indirect and would like to follow that with a whole chicken on a vertical roaster. I would prefer to not have to take out the platesetter, if possible...[p]Any suggestions?[p]Thanks...
...AnnaG...

Comments

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    AnnaG,
    It will take between one and one and a half hours. -RP

• AnnaG
    Options
    AZRP,[p]Thanks very much... [p]I was planning to coat it with EVOO and some seasoning and let it go... Any other suggestions are welcome... Richard sent me some recipes yesterday, that were very helpful, but I just bought the chicken today and was looking for a quick marinade or coating...[p]Thanks...
    ...AnnaG...

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    AnnaG,
    You could chop up some herbs and garlic and mix them with some butter. Work the butter mix under the skin with your fingers. -RP

• AnnaG
    Options
    AZRP,[p]Thanks for the suggestion... I did not have any herbs but I did mix up some chopped up garlic with EVOO and coated it. I then added some seasoning on top of that. This end of the neighborhood smells like hickory mixed with garlic... Smelling good to me...[p]I did have to pull the platesetter and pizza stone. I could not fit the chicken on the vertical roaster without removing them. I had gotten some of those Red Leather gloves, so it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be...[p]Thanks again!
    ...AnnaG...

• AnnaG
    Options
    AZRP,[p]Good grief that was good... That chicken had juice running out all over the place. It had that hickory smoke taste and the garlic... Yummmm...[p]Thanks much...
    ...AnnaG...