Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggs in fire

Options
Little Steven
Little Steven Posts: 28,817
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi all,[p] Just got this pic from the insurance company. We had a fire caused by the gasser. The gasser vapourized. The eggs were unscathed except for charred handles. The large was on at 325 degrees and held temps all through the fire.[p]Steve[p]
IMG_0445.jpg

Steve 

Caledon, ON

Comments

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Little Steven,
    WOW! That's scary, and the very reason Spring Hen made me move my cooking center to an outdoor kitchen away from the house.[p]Glad it wasn't worse for you.[p]Spring "Fire Out Of The Hole" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• Little Steven
    Options
    Spring Chicken,[p] Thanks. The fire was three months ago, I just got the picture. I am going to be way more careful.[p]Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• mikeb6109
    mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
    Options
    Little Steven,
    first time seeing the pics had talked to you about the fire but man when you see the pics makes you think ahead when it comes to appropriate mesures to pevent such accidents!! thank good no one was hurt,and that your new handles were not installed yet!!(lol)
    take care buddy, hope things are coming along good with the repairs and insurance stuff!!
    mike

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    Little Steven,[p] If'n anybody else wonders why we call Atlanta the Mothership just remember he said the gasser was vaporized!!![p]As for handles for the eggs well talk to Lawn Ranger..
  • Haggis
    Haggis Posts: 998
    Options
    Little Steven,[p]But let's get down to what matters: How was the food that you were cooking on the Large? Where are the photos of it? Where's the recipe so we can try it ourselves? Cripes, you just gotta get your priorities in line! ;?)
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Haggis,[p] That is funny. It was early in the day. I was setting up for roast beef. Never got it on. Firefighters would have eaten it anyways.[p]Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON