Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Freezing BBQ Sauce

Options
BurntOfferingBBQ
BurntOfferingBBQ Posts: 48
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Any suggestions for me on how to freeze my home made sauce that made and have enjoyed. I made about two gallons so I think freezing may be the way to go.

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Burntofferingbbq,
    I have made Wild Boar sauce and frozen it many times. I've tried freezing it in a FoodSaver bag and then sealing it, but it doesn't freeze hard so instead now I use Tupperware pitcher like containers.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Ronbo
    Ronbo Posts: 90
    Options
    Burntofferingbbq,
    I just made a batch and just put it in small freezer bags (about the size of one use - quart size half full and then work the air out. it stacks nicely in the freezer this way and when I am doing ribs or something just grab 1 pack and scoop it out (it will not freeze hard due to the sugar)

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    Burntofferingbbq,
    fill ziplocks and stack them with corrugated cardboard from beer cases, this will allow them to semi freeze flat so that they stack well. i do the same with soups. stackable type containers would work well also.

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it